To be eligible for the Frank H. Sobey Awards for Excellence in Business Studies:
- You must have completed at least one year of undergraduate business studies at an Atlantic province’s university
- The academic qualification for these Awards is a minimum overall average of B (or your university’s equivalent GPA) in your most recent year of full-time business studies at an Atlantic province’s university. The Fund will take into appropriate consideration information provided concerning entrepreneurial interests, employment history, extracurricular and community activities and career aspirations.
- Applications must be submitted to the Dean of your faculty by November 30, 2022. The Dean must submit to the Fund by December 14, 2022. No exceptions will be made to these deadlines.
Together with your application, you must include:
- Three letters of reference, sent directly to your Dean:
- A letter of reference from a professor under whom you have completed a university course or courses in business studies;
- A letter of reference from a previous employer or client or someone else affiliated with your past or current employment; and
- A letter of reference from someone who can attest to your skills and attributes, who is not a member of your family or a close relative.
- A recent head and shoulders photograph of yourself suitable for publication.
- Your current resume.
Please read over the application carefully and make sure you have all the necessary attachments before beginning the form.